Announced earlier today by HTC in New York, the new HTC Rhyme Android Gingerbread smartphone will become available in the US first (via Verizon Wireless), and only then in Europe and other parts of the world.
In the UK, O2 will be “the only network” to offer the Rhyme.
According to this tweet (via EuroDroid) O2 will launch the smartphone on October 17. Reportedly, O2′s Rhyme will have the same color as the Verizon version, namely purple – although the handset also has a sliver/blue and a mocha edition.
While you’ll need to wait for October 17 to get the HTC Rhyme from O2, you may be able to buy it unlocked earlier. Apparently, Clove will sell the smartphone starting October 8. The British retailer didn’t say how much the Rhyme is going to cost.
Until we receive more details, here’s an official promo video of the new handset:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Rhyme pre-orders start in the UK for £389.95, shipping on October 7
- HTC Rhyme may have been delayed in the UK
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus launched in the UK. Already out of stock
- HTC Rhyme now available at Verizon for $199.99 with contract
- HTC Sensation XE to hit the UK on October 1, should cost £492 unlocked