Earlier today, Sony Ericsson has announced that the recently unveiled Xperia Ray is headed to Vodafone Australia. Not only that, but apparently Vodafone will be the exclusive carrier for the Xperia Ray down under.
The Xperia Ray will be available from Vodafone stores starting on September 28, so in just over a week from now.
Vodafone will offer the device on a variety of contracts, including the $29 Cap plan with $5 handset repayments over 24 months, or the $49 Cap plan for 24 months with no handset repayments.
The phone will be able to use Vodafone’s 850 MHz HSPA network alongside the older 2100 MHz band, allowing it to get better coverage.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray has a 3.3-inch 854×480 touchscreen, an 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and 720p HD video recording, a 1 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, 1 GB of ROM, 300 MB of user accessible built-in storage, microSD card support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HSPA, GPS, and a 1500 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray now available in India for Rs. 18,995
- Red Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo now available at Vodafone UK, free from £26 per month
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray now available unlocked in the US for $379.99
- Red Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo exclusively launching at Vodafone UK soon
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 coming to Vodafone UK in April