We’ve seen the price of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play cut in the UK before, once or twice. So sure we’ve gotten used to this phone selling quite a bit cheaper than when it launched. Yet we weren’t prepared for this.
Well known UK online electronics retailer Expansys really, really wants your next Android-powered smartphone to be the Xperia Play, it seems. So especially if you like the whole idea of the sliding gamepad on a phone, read on.
Expansys now offers the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play in unlocked and SIM-free form for just £199.99. That’s less than half the price it launched with. So, seriously, if you’ve always fancied the Xperia Play or considered it among devices you could probably get, now’s the time to act.
There’s just one caveat. Expansys won’t begin shipping these low-priced Xperia Play units until October 7. So for now this feels more like a pre-order – in that there’s some waiting to do before you can actually play with your brand spanking new smartphone. Even so, it’s a solid deal.
If you’re interested, head on over to Expansys now and fill that basket up.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo actually became available today in the UK, priced from £342 SIM-free
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Active now delayed until September 30
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets a price drop in the UK: £418
- LG Optimus 3D and Sony Ericsson Xperia Play on pre-order in the UK