Although it won’t arrive this week, as previously rumored, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is really close to becoming available to older WP handsets.
Microsoft has announced via the official Windows Phone blog that Mango updates are expected “to start rolling it out in the next week or two.” That’s certainly good news for those currently owning a Windows Phone 7 device. All WP7 handsets will get the update, with no exception, although the exact timing will depend on manufacturers and carriers.
Until now, only five new Mango smartphones have been officially introduced: Fujitsu Toshiba IS12T , HTC Titan (pictured above), HTC Radar, Samsung Focus S, and Samsung Focus Flash (the two Samsungs haven’t been shown yet). More are on their way, of course, including devices made by Nokia, which should appear starting the fourth quarter of the year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Titan, Radar and Sensation XE to arrive in the UK in early October
- Facebook for Windows Phone now plays nice with Mango
- AT&T intros three Windows Phone Mango handsets: HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash
- Windows Phone Mango coming next week?
- AT&T’s Samsung Focus S and Flash will be launched on November 6