The first (and only) time we’ve heard anything about Huawei’s Ideos S7 Slim (not to be confused with the original, non-”Slim” S7) was back in February during MWC. The company was supposed to launch the Android-powered tablet then, but it only had a powered off device to showcase, and that was it.
Here we are though, many months later, and the slimmer S7 has finally become available somewhere – in the UK. Well known online retailer Clove now has two versions of Huawei’s S7 Slim up for grabs. One is Wi-Fi-only, and the other one has 3G connectivity too (yet is sold SIM-free and unlocked).
The Wi-Fi-only S7 Slim can be yours for £238.80, and the 3G version costs £276. The pricing is nice indeed, but you do have to consider that the S7 Slim’s specs won’t be turning any heads. In fact, this probably counted as a decent offering back in February, but right now it seems like something parachuted in from times past.
The Huawei S7 Slim has a 7-inch touchscreen with 800×480 resolution (yes, there are Android phones on the market with bigger resolutions), a 1 GHz single-core processor, and runs Android 2.2 Froyo. You read that right. Still interested? Okay, so you also get 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of built-in storage, microSD card support, Bluetooth, HDMI out, a 3.5 mm headset jack, a 3.2 MP camera, GPS, and a 3,250 mAh battery. The Ideos S7 Slim is 12.5 mm thick and weighs 400 grams.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei S7 Slim Android tablet and Ideos X3 Android smartphone coming at MWC
- Huawei Ideos S7 Android tablet on pre-order at Best Buy alongside Samsung’s Galaxy Tab (for Verizon and Sprint)
- Huawei Ideos X6 and X5 – new Android Froyo smartphones
- Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 has received the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread for Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 Pro now available for download