After we basically hadn’t heard anything about it for three months, a couple of days ago we brought you news that Huawei’s Android Honeycomb-powered 7-inch MediaPad tablet is about to make its way into stores worldwide.
But it won’t become available everywhere at the same time. It’s already up for pre-order in Singapore and will make its way to Malaysia next month, and then to the US, China, Hong Kong, and Thailand before the end of the year.
Though it turns out that the MediaPad will be out in other countries as well this year. For example, AndroidOS.in has found out that the tablet will be for sale in India in October, alongside Malaysia. It’s definitely interesting that Huawei seems to have focused on Asia for starting sales of its upcoming tablet.
Sadly though, in the meantime, people in the UK are treated to such obsolete devices as the Ideos S7 Slim. Hopefully Huawei will choose to do things a bit differently next year, if it’s still after building its brand trust in ‘Western’ markets as well.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei’s 7″ MediaPad on pre-order in Singapore, will be out in Malaysia in October, US this year too
- New Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite with Android 4.0 ICS officially unveiled
- Huawei MediaPad 10 Link gets Wi-Fi and Bluetooth certified, will have 3G connectivity and IPS screen
- Huawei MediaPad and Vision priced in the UK
- Quad-core Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD officially announced, we have even more hands-on images