The Android 2.3.4 firmware update has just started to roll out to Sony Ericsson Xperia Play users. This update two specific features that are worth point out.
The first feature is the addition of 720p HD video recording. Xperia Play owners were previously only able to shoot in standard definition on their 5 megapixel camera, but they will now be able to record some nice HD videos. The second feature is the option to enable or disable the display’s auto brightness, which is already available to Verizon Xperia Play owners who upgraded to Android 2.3.3.
Not sure why HD recording wasn’t included out of the box, but it is good to know that it is now available. Below is a video showing off the new recording thanks to a user over at the XDA forums. We will keep you updated on the Xperia Play.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon-Branded Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Seen at CTIA 2011, We Go Hands-on (Video)
- Verizon Sony Ericsson Xperia Play almost free at both Amazon and Wirefly
- Verizon offers the SE Xperia Play for free until October 6
- Verizon Sony Ericsson Xperia Play now only $99.99 on pre-order at Amazon
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play PSP phone previewed again