Lots of rumors have been circulating about the Motorola Atrix 2(Edison) over the past few weeks. Recently, some specs and press photos have been leaked online and discovered of the Atrix 2. The name “Atrix 2″ has been confirmed rather than the rumored “Edison.”
Specs for the Atrix 2 include a 4.3-inch qHD display, 1 GB of RAM, a 8 megapixel camera with single LED flash, and 8GB of on-board storage expandable up to 40GB. Unfortunately, this device will not run on AT&T’s LTE network, but instead HSPA+. The
Atrix 2 will also feature Webtop support with the usual plethora of accessories including the HD Dock and Lapdock. The Lapdock 100 is a bit different than that of its predecessor. For starters, it now measures in at 10.1-inches rather than 11.6-inches and also has a nice silver color to it along with the black. Second, the phone connects to the Lapdock via a cable rather than having it plug into a dock. This is probably so that the Lapdock is a universal accessory for all future Motorola phones instead of having to specifically create a unique Lapdock for each new smartphone.
The Atrix 2 locks a lot like the original Atrix. Unfortunately, we don’t have any info on pricing or availability, but we will keep you updated on the status of the Atrix 2 as more info becomes available.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola announces the Lapdock 100, compatible with the Atrix 4G, Photon 4G, and Droid Bionic
- Motorola Lapdock 100 will be available at Sprint on October 21
- Motorola ATRIX 4G is Now on Sale at Amazon for $149.99
- Motorola Atrix 4G will be available from Bell in Canada on March 17
- Motorola Atrix launch date announced by Orange UK: early May