While Sony Ericsson has been focusing mostly on Android-powered smartphones for the past year or so, the Mix Walkman and the TXT and TXT Pro are interesting offerings mainly because they aren’t smartphones. Interesting for us to cover, at least. Using them is a different story, of course.
But hey, if you want to, at least now you can get the Mix Walkman from another UK mobile network operator. O2′s pricing though is almost identical to Vodafone’s at £79.99 on Pay as you go. This being a PAYG affair, you’ll need to make an initial top-up of £10 when you purchase the phone. Still, by topping up a tenner each month you can get up to 300 texts and 500 MB of data on one plan, or up to 500 minutes to O2 mobiles and landlines from one UK postcode if you choose another option.
So make sure you go through all the alternatives before you hit the Order link at O2.
The Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman has a 3-inch 240×400 touchscreen, a 3.15 MP camera with QVGA (320×240) video capture, 256 MB of built-in storage of which 100 MB is user accessible, microSD card support, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 1,000 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Red Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo now available at Vodafone UK, free from £26 per month
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro up for pre-order in the UK on contract, free from £15/month
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, Samsung Galaxy S free at O2 UK with £16.5/month contract until Monday
- HTC Sensation XE now available at Three UK, free from £30 per month
- UK: HP Pre 3 now up for pre-order with Orange and T-Mobile contracts, free from £20.42 per month