Toshiba has officially announced its second Thrive Android tablet, the Thrive 7 inch. As its name suggests, the new tablet has a 7 inch display (1280 x 800 pixels), thus it’s smaller than the original Thrive, which features a 10.1 inch screen.
Unlike the first Thrive, which is quite bulky, the 7 inch tablet is relatively thin: 0.48 inches (12mm). It runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb, and comes with a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, stereo speakers with SRS Labs technology, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, Mini USB, Micro HDMI, MicroSD card support, 16GB or 32GB of internal memory, and “Toshiba’s stylishly durable and slip-resistant Easy Grip finish.”
According to Toshiba, the Thrive 7 inch will be launched in the US in December. Prices will start at less than $400. You can register here at Toshiba to get notified when the new tablet becomes available.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New, thinner Toshiba Android Honeycomb tablet coming soon
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in the US, priced from $379.99
- Toshiba Excite AT200 with Android Honeycomb to be launched in Canada in February
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in Canada for $369.99
- Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet already available at some Best Buy locations