The Motorola Defy+ is now available in the UK in SIM-free and unlocked form. The Defy+ is, like its name implies, the IP67-certified successor to the original Defy, which apparently sold quite well despite its midrange innards.
Midrange is what the Defy+ undoubtedly is too, yet its specs have been brought up to date. The processor is now 1 GHz, the battery is 1,700 mAh, and the phone runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box. All very welcome improvements to the original Defy.
Furthermore, the Defy+ keeps its predecessor’s ruggedness and Gorilla Glass, so you won’t have to always be afraid about breaking it or anything like that.
If you’re in the UK, you can now pick up a Defy+ from The Smartphone Centre for £239.95, shipping included. Or you could get it from Clove at the slightly more expensive rate of £246 (shipping not included). It’s your choice, of course.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Defy Mini pre-orders start in the UK for £174.99, shipping in late February or early March
- UK: Motorola Defy can now be grabbed for just £234
- UK: Motorola Defy+ gets even more rugged with JCB edition, coming on December 6 for £262.80
- Motorola Defy Mini now available in the UK for £162
- Rugged Android-powered Motorola Defy now available from Telus in Canada