Dell has officially announced its third Android smartphone (after the Mini 3i / Aero and the Dell Venue). The new handset has been unveiled in Japan, where it will be available via Softbank, under the name of Dell Streak Pro 101DL.
The Streak Pro 101DL runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and it can easily stand next to any other high-end smartphone on the market. It features a 4.3 inch qHD (960 x 540) Super AMOLED display, 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor, 8MP rear camera, and 1.3MP front-facing camera.
K-tai Watch reports that the Dell Streak Pro 101DL will be commercially available in Japan starting January 2012. Apparently, Dell is planning to introduce the new smartphone in other markets, too, although it’s not clear when, and neither where exactly. We’ll bring more details on this as soon as we get them.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Streak 10 Pro name pretty much confirmed
- Dell Streak 10 Pro poses next to the Streak 7 and Streak 5
- 10-inch Dell Streak Pro Android tablet gets pictured
- Dell Streak 10 Pro to be launched in China this week?
- Dell Streak 7 delayed in Canada