At the beginning of this month, pre-orders started in the UK for Sony’s upcoming Android-powered device, the Tablet S. So it’s only logical that the tablet would slowly become available for pre-order elsewhere in the world.
Which it now has. The Sony Tablet S can be pre-ordered in Australia, direct from Sony’s online store. The price being asked is $579 for the 16 GB version, and $689 if you’d like 32 GB of built-in storage. The pre-ordered units will be shipped starting on October 21. Pre-orders will be taken until October 19. And if you do pre-order, you’ll receive a free tablet cradle, and shipping will be free.
If you’re interested, head over to Sony’s Australian online store and get your Tablet S.
The Tablet S is a PlayStation Certified device, and it runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb. It has a dual-core 1 GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, a 9.4-inch 1280×800 touchscreen, 1 GB of RAM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, IR remote function, SD memory card, a 5 MP rear camera and a VGA front-facing camera.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Android Honeycomb tablet coming to the US this summer?
- Sony’s Tablet P brings its two screens to the UK, yours for £499.99
- Sony Tablet S will be launched in Canada this month
- AT&T Sony Tablet P with two screens will be available on March 4 for $399.99
- Wi-Fi-only Motorola Xoom comes with free Bluetooth keyboard in the US until June 14