Telus and Sony Ericsson have announced that they would launch the Xperia Ray Android smartphone in Canada in time for the holiday season.
Already available in the US (but only unlocked), the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and is a thin (9.5mm) and fashionable handset. It features a 3.3 inch FWVGA (854 x 480) scratch-resistant display, Mobile Bravia engine, Facebook integration, Wi-Fi, HSDPA, GPS, 8MP camera with Sony’s Exmor R sensor, 720p video recording, 512MB of RAM, 1GHz single-core processor, and a 4GB memory card pre-installed.
“The Xperia Ray is an ideal smartphone for TELUS customers who are looking for a powerful Android device that combines beautiful design with innovative multimedia features,” declared Peter Farmer, Head of Marketing at Sony Ericsson North America.
The Xperia Ray will be the first Sony Ericsson Android smartphone launched by Telus. The carrier hasn’t unveiled the handset’s price yet.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, Xperia Active and TXT announced (video)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo will be called Kyno in France
- Sony Ericsson Yendo Android Walkman promo pics leak
- Sony Ericsson W800i mobile phone review by C-Net
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play coming to France in late March (via Virgin Mobile)