We saw our first real image of the Samsung Nexus Prime, rumored to be Google’s next flagship device, today. Samsung has just uploaded a 30 second video teasing us about next week’s Samsung Mobile Unpacked Event on Tuesday. The video is pretty pointless until the last three seconds, which shows off what looks to be a new phone, most likely the Nexus Prime.
In the video, you can see the concave glassscreen, which was a nice feature of the Nexus S, but to a lesser extent. If you look very closely you can see three rings on the side which could be ports for a dock like that of the Nexus One. Specs are rumored to be a 4.6-inch HD screen with 1280 x 720 resolution, a dual-core processor(most likely 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz), NFC, and Google’s latest OS Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
It doesn’t surprise me that Samsung would release a teaser video for next week’s event after today’s Apple iPhone 4S event. The Nexus Prime is rumored to go to Verizon exclusively and will be called DROID Prime. We will keep you updated on the status of the Nexus Prime and on CTIA next week.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung’s Google Nexus Prime likely headed to Canada
- Verizon to launch the Samsung Droid Prime with Android Ice Cream Sandwich in October
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Nexus Prime) unveiling and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich launch delayed
- Google Nexus Prime to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich in October?
- Verizon exclusive Samsung Galaxy Nexus gets its full specs leaked ahead of October 11 unveiling