Verizon announced earlier this week that the Samsung Stratosphere would be released on Thursday October 13th. They also mentioned that the Stratosphere would be priced at $149.99 on a new two year contract. If you are really interested in saving some bucks(why wouldn’t you be?), a photo surfaced today that revealed that Staples would be selling the Stratosphere for $79.99 on contract, $80 less than what they are selling it for at Verizon retail stores.
Specs wise, the Stratosphere features a 1 GHz processor, 4-inch WVGA AMOLED display, a 5 megapixel camera with 480p recording, a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, support for Verizon’s 4G LTE network, a full sliding QWERTY keyboard, Android 2.3, and Bluetooth 3.0.
Although the Stratosphere’s specs aren’t nearly as impressive as some of the other LTE devices such as the DROID Bionic, it is the cheapest device at $80 on contract. If you are interested in purchasing an LTE device, but don’t want to shell out the extra cash, the Samsung Stratosphere may be the device for you with its sliding QWERTY keyboard and LTE support.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II now available at Verizon, sliding QWERTY keyboard in tow
- Samsung Stratosphere hits FCC, confirms LTE support
- Verizon Samsung Stratosphere with 4G LTE and QWERTY keyboard now available for $149.99
- Verizon Samsung Stratosphere specs leaked
- Verizon Samsung Stratosphere will be out on October 13, specs leaked again