Motorola initially told customers that they would be soon sending out the Gingerbread update to many of its Droid devices. About a week later, the Droid Pro update was supposedly already heading out to users. This unfortunately was false, and started a summer of few Gingerbread updates for the Motorola devices mostly due to trouble with the software.
Now, Motorola and Verizon are trying to make things right this fall, and they have just sent out the Gingerbread update for the Motorola Droid Pro. Verizon updated its support documents to show the release of software update 4.6.8.XT610. The update will obviously include Gingerbread and many tweaks/improvements specific to the Droid Pro including improved battery life, the GPS will no longer cause the Droid Pro to reset, and several tweaks to SMS.
Multiple users have reported that they are already receiving the update. If you happen to own a Droid Pro, let us know whether or not you have received the update yet and how the update process was if you have already done so.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Droid X approved for Gingerbread update
- Android Jelly Bean update for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 possibly coming soon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic and 4G LTE Xoom get software updates
- Samsung Droid Charge Android Gingerbread update arriving on November 29
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way again