In the UK, Orange has just added yet another own-brand device to its website. And just like many previous phones, it sports the name of a city. This time, it’s called the Dallas from Orange (although we’ll refer to it as the Orange Dallas).
This is no smartphone, let that be clear. In fact, it’s probably the perfect device for those searching for a ‘classic’ non-touch candybar-style phone. Those still remembering the Nokia 3210 in their life, if you will. Or just someone who doesn’t use a phone for more than calling and texting.
The Orange Dallas should be dirt cheap. Orange hasn’t announced pricing yet, but after you read through the specs, you’ll understand that this needs to be very cheap to do well sales-wise.
The Orange Dallas comes with an MP3 player, FM radio, calculator, Bluetooth support, a VGA camera, microSD card support, and a flashlight. The Orange Dallas is rated at 5 hours talk time and 10 days standby time, which should be plenty.
The Orange Dallas will be available soon from Orange on Pay as you go. The operator hasn’t listed a specific date when the Dallas will go on sale, so stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange Lisbon and Orange Rio to be launched in the UK on PAYG
- PocketDevice Mphone Radio Number One Mp3 player/mobile phone
- Nokia X1-00 music phone announced, costs just €34
- Orange Vegas launched in the UK for only £48.50
- UK: Orange Rio II is a touchscreen + QWERTY candybar that costs £69.99 on Pay as you go