For those of you in the UK, we have some new information regarding upcoming Android operating system updates for some Motorola devices, straight from the horse’s mouth.
The Motorola Atrix sold by AT&T in the States, as well as Bell in Canada has already received its Android 2.3 Gingerbread update, yet units sold in the UK are still stuck on Android 2.2 Froyo. That won’t be the case for long, since Moto announced that the update will come to the UK mid-November. That means only about a month of waiting to do from this point on.
Next up we have the Motorola Milestone 2. The update for the Droid 2 (which the Milestone 2 basically is) has started rolling out in the US last month, and the Milestone 2 was said back then to get in the fourth quarter of this year. Which is exactly what will happen. Motorola now estimates that this update will also be out at the middle of next month.
Finally, for those of you who’ve purchased a Motorola Xoom tablet in the UK, the Android 3.2 update should have arrived in September, yet that didn’t happen. Motorola now expects this update to start rolling out before the end of October.
So there you have it. Happy Moto customers everywhere. Or is it a bit too much to get an update ten months after the world first saw it?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Android Gingerbread update now rolling out, Milestone 2 will get it in Q4
- Motorola Milestone Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.1 update starts rolling out across Europe
- Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi and 3G all finally getting updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the UK
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 update finally rolling out in Europe