Verizon initially sent out a Gingerbread update to HTC Thunderbolt users in late September. Unfortunately, the update wasn’t quite yet finished and ready for users and caused several software problems. Some of the malfunctions were difficulty with camera locking, random email notifications, and problems with the clock app, GTalk, and HTC Sense.
Fortunately, we have some good news regarding the Gingerbread update thanks to a tweet sent out by HTC today. HTC mentioned that they, as well as Verizon, anticipate the release of the Gingerbread update soon. The message also mentioned that users will be notified when the update will be available for their device.
We can only hope that this is the last time that Thunderbolt owners will have to download the Gingerbread update. Let us know how the faulty update affected you the first time around. In the mean time, we will keep you updated on the status of the Thunderbolt Gingerbread update.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update starts rolling out
- Verizon HTC ThunderBolt and Droid Incredible to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update in September
- Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt delayed until March 4. Or is it?
- HTC Thunderbolt Gets Greenlight, Ready to Ship?
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4G and Sprint HTC Evo 4G will get Gingerbread before the end of June