Nokia has apparently started the rollout of a software update for its smartphones running Symbian Anna. The phones in question are the Nokia N8, E7, C7, C6-01, X7, and the E6. However, if you were hoping to get the Symbian Belle update, you’ll be disappointed – this isn’t it. We had previously heard that the Belle update would start rolling out toward the end of this month, but we’re not there yet, and that rumor has been shot down by Nokia in the meantime. So it’s still unclear when the owners of Anna devices will get Belle.
Until then, though, here’s a neat bug fixing release that will take your phone to software version 025.007. It comes in at 1 MB, so it’s easy to download and apply. Nothing new is in this update, yet that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t install it as soon as possible. It may fix some nagging bugs, as well as enhance stability and performance.
The update comes over-the-air and is already available for some product codes. As usual, your phone may not get the update right now, but later. And if you have a carrier-”customized” version of a device, you may never get this update – that’s all up to your carrier.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 5800 and 5530 get new features via software update
- Symbian Anna for Nokia N8, E7, C7 and C6-01 available starting now
- Nokia 500 gets a Belle update starting today
- Microsoft Apps for Symbian Belle smartphones coming soon
- Symbian Belle update will be out for existing Nokia smartphones in early 2012