Samsung Nexus Prime (Galaxy Nexus) full specs and official images leaked in Japan
Japan was in the news earlier today, regarding the upcoming Google Nexus Prime, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, or whatever else the next Nexus device will end up being called. Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo tweeted that it would launch the device in November.
That’s all nice, but how about a leaked poster or flyer originating at the same company? One that carries with it the first official (albeit a bit blurry) images of the smartphone, and the full list of its specs? That sound cool? Well, here you go then:
Firstly, what the above image gives us (if it turns out to be real, that is) is the phone’s official name. And once again, it seems to be Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So that’s that. Next up, we have a full list of specs. Now specs for this device have been leaked and rumored before, yet never so comprehensively. This leak also confirms some previous chatter on the matter.
So, without further ado, here’s what the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will try to charm you with:
- a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED HD 1280×720 touchscreen
- a TI dual-core 1.2 GHz processor
- at least two versions: SCH-i515 for LTE and CDMA networks (read: Verizon), and GT-i9250 for GSM-based carriers
- a 5 MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- a 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 3.0
- dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- 1 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of built-in storage
- microSD card support
- 1,750 mAh battery
- dimensions: 136x68x8.8-11.5 mm
- weight: 135 g
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
At this point, we’re mere hours away from the event that Samsung and Google will hold together in Hong Kong. That’s when we expect the Galaxy Nexus to be announced alongside Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, so stay tuned for more on this subject.
Via Blog of Mobile