The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 has been finally released in the UK – where it’s available only off-contract for the moment.
British retailer HMV is asking £389 (about €445 or $614) for the 16GB white Wi-Fi version of the Tab 8.9, saying it can ship it in 24 hours. £389 is almost the same price you have to pay for the slightly larger Galaxy Tab 10.1 (£399). The two tablets are similar when it comes to features anyway: Android Honeycomb, 1GB of RAM, 1GHz dual-core processor, 3.2MP rear camera, and 2MP front-facing camera.
UK aside, the LTE edition of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 will be released in Canada soon.
There’s no word on the price of the Galaxy Tab 8.9 for the Canadian market yet, but interested customers can check out the tablet here at Samsung.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi headed to Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Note to be launched in Canada in mid February
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will be available in Canada on March 16 for $349.99
- LG Optimus 2X, SE Xperia Pro and Samsung Galaxy Q to be launched by Fido Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Student Edition launching in the US soon thanks to Best Buy