The Atrix is Motorola’s current Android-powered flagship device outside of the USA, and it has been sold in the UK in SIM-free and unlocked form since this summer. When it launched in the UK, the Atrix was priced at £489.99, which is a rather normal price for such a high-end device.
As time passes though, prices usually come down. Which is exactly what happened here, although the amount of this price drop and the fact that it comes quite early may be less than usual.
So, here’s the skinny. If you’d like to purchase a high-end Android smartphone, and the Atrix still is that even today, you can now do so for the almost incredible price of £291.99. That’s how much well known online retailer Play.com now asks for the Motorola Atrix. That price even includes shipping, by the way.
If you’re worried about the fact that the Atrix still ships in the UK running Android 2.2 Froyo, according to Motorola it will receive the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update in November.
There’s nothing left for us to say here other than to tell you that if you wanted to buy an Atrix but held back because of the price, now’s the time to reconsider. So head on over to Play.com and place an order.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G now only $89.99, Motorola Atrix 4G just $0.01 with contract
- UK: LG Optimus 2X now only £329.99, SIM-free and unlocked
- AT&T’s Motorola Atrix 4G now even cheaper at Amazon: $129
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G now just $99.99 with new two-year contract