Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro Android 2.3 Gingerbread updates finally rolling out now
Today is a big day if you own either a Motorola Droid 2 Global or a Droid Pro. The updates to Android 2.3 Gingerbread for both devices are now going out, after a few false starts here and there. The update for the Droid 2 Global was supposed to happen in September, but got pushed because of some last minute issues. The update for the Droid Pro was reported as going live a couple of weeks ago, but either that was a small test rollout, or simply wishful thinking, for it’s today that Verizon officially announced that these updates have started rolling out.
The updates come over-the-air, you won’t need a computer to download and install. All OTA rollouts are staggered, so it may take a while before the update you need arrives on your particular device. Don’t fret though, it is on the way. If you’d like to manually check for the update, or just review Verizon’s instructions, go to this PDF for the Droid 2 Global and this PDF for the Droid Pro.
If you’d like to know what fixes and enhancements these updates bring, aside from the Gingerbread platform, all the necessary details can be found in this PDF for the Droid 2 Global and this PDF for the Droid Pro.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way again
- Three UK HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro software update now rolling out
- Verizon Motorola Droid 4 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich now rolling out
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out