If you have an Asus Eee Pad Android tablet, and are wondering whether or not you’ll get a taste of Google’s new Ice Cream Sandwich, the official answer is “yes.”
According to Asus Singapore’s Facebook page, the company has confirmed “support for Ice Cream Sandwich on the Asus Eee Pad Family”, and aims “to bring the latest Android update to the Eee Pad Series.” However, for the moment Asus did not “set a date” for rolling out the updates. Anyway, this does mean that Android 4.0 ICS will be available not just for the Eee Pad Transformer (as we’ve recently reported), but also for the Eee Pad Slider (pictured below).
As a reminder, Asus is getting ready to unveil a new tablet on November 9 – the Transformer Prime, which will be the world’s first tablet to feature a quad-core processor (and could come with Android ICS from day one).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Transformer TF101 Android 4.0 ICS update rolling out now in Taiwan, tomorrow in the US
- Asus Transformer Prime to bring its quad-core powers to Canada soon
- Asus Transformer Prime TF201 visits the FCC
- Asus Eee Pad Slider Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update starts rolling out in the US
- Asus Transformer Prime to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in January?