Ever since August, when Samsung officially announced the Galaxy S II LTE, we’ve known that this superphone was headed to Rogers in Canada. In September, the carrier even started taking reservations for its first LTE phone. Well, if you were one of those who did reserve a Galaxy S II LTE at Rogers, we have some good news.
Today, the carrier has started shipping the devices off to those who reserved them. However, apparently Rogers had very limited quantities, so not all of those who reserved a phone got it today. Shipments will resume next week, and Rogers says that it’s hopeful that it will have enough devices for everyone in the reservations system.
Still no word on a release date for the general population, but that can’t be far away now. It’s nice to see Rogers value its customers who’ve reserved phones and give them full priority on this. In case you forgot, Rogers’ LTE network is only available in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Ottawa at the moment, but it’s bound to keep covering more and more locales in the future.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X will be available at Rogers on November 12
- Nokia Lumia 920 available now in Canada (at Rogers). Samsung Ativ S shows up at Telus’ website
- Canada: Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X online reservations go live at Rogers
- AT&T and Sprint delay the launch of Samsung Galaxy S III
- Sony Xperia Ion set to arrive in Hong Kong, reservations now open