Released back in February with Android 2.2 Froyo on board, the LG Optimus 2X will reportedly not get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. At least that’s what LG recently said via one of its official Facebook accounts.
As you probably already know, LG didn’t even manage to update the handset to Android 2.3 Gingerbread in all markets until now, so not offering ICS for it shouldn’t come as a big surprise. It’s still disappointing, though.
LG didn’t mention why it won’t bring Android 4.0 to the Optimus 2X. I don’t think it’s a hardware limitation issue, as the smartphone has a dual-core processor, and 521MB of RAM.
Since the Optimus 2X will not get to taste Ice Cream Sandwich, I assume LG’s other older Android models – like the Optimus 3D and Optimus Black – will not get the update either. But that’s unconfirmed for now, of course.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Black Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally on its way in Europe and India
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for LG Optimus 2X rolling out in Korea now
- LG Optimus 2X will receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update after all
- Android 4.0 coming to LG Prada, Optimus 2X, Optimus Black, Optimus 3D, Optimus LTE, says LG Singapore
- LG Optimus Black is officially upgradeable to Android 4.0 ICS