It looks like Verizon and LG have finally finished working on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the LG Revolution. This, if you remember, is one of the first 4G LTE smartphones offered by Verizon, and it launched many months ago running Android 2.2 Froyo unfortunately. But Revolution owners are about to get their first taste of Gingerbread.
Verizon has already published all the relevant documentation about the update, and according to Android Police, the rollout has started today. The update is expected to have reached all the LG Revolution smartphones by the middle of next week. So this is a staggered rollout, but a pretty fast one. Needless to say, the update will come over-the-air and you can apply it without using a computer.
There’s not much that this update brings aside from the platform upgrade to Gingerbread. There are, however, many bug fixes and performance enhancements in there for your convenience. To check out the full list of what’s new, go through this PDF.
For detailed software update instructions, refer to this PDF. Oh, and happy updating!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread update on the way
- Verizon Casio G’Zone Commando Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now available
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 Froyo update begins tomorrow, April 21
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro software update now rolling out