Despite selling many newer tablets, even made by Samsung, it looks like Verizon still hasn’t forgotten about the original Galaxy Tab from yesteryear. The first mainstream Android-powered tablet may be running an OS version designed for phones, but it’s still hanging in there. And Verizon has finished prepping an update to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread for this particular tablet.
The update documents are up on Big Red’s website, which means that the rollout should start within the next few days (if we’re lucky) or weeks (if we’re not). Let’s hope for the former.
Aside from the platform update to Android 2.3.5, original Galaxy Tabs sold by Verizon will also benefit from a slew of performance enhancements and bug fixes. The full list of benefits of the update is available in this PDF.
The update will come over-the-air, so you can apply it without using a computer. For full update instructions, refer to this PDF.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A501 Android 3.2 update now rolling out (at least in Poland)
- T-Mobile’s Springboard and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus get their ICS fix today and tomorrow
- Verizon LG Revolution Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize gets a bug fixing update
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 2.3 Gingerbread update out “within the next couple of weeks” in the UK