Just how big is too big? The answer to this question obviously isn’t clear cut, as it depends on many factors. What’s huge for someone may be tiny for someone else. So if you don’t think that HTC’s 4.7-inch Sensation XL is simply too big to be usable, here’s some good news (especially if you live in the UK). The monster of a smartphone is now available at Three.
The device can be yours for free if you sign a two-year contract that’s at least £34 per month. That cheapest option nets you 500 minutes, 5,000 texts, and 1 GB of data each month. For £3 more you can get unlimited data, or you could choose Three’s The One Plan. That costs £40 per month, but brings you 5,000 Three-to-Three minutes, 2,000 nationwide minutes, 5,000 texts, and unlimited data.
Or if you’d rather not do any contract signing, then you can get the Sensation XL on Pay as you go for £449.99. It’s your choice really. Whatever that turns out to be, head over to Three to place your order.
And before you compare the Sensation XL to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, do remember that the latter doesn’t have any touch-sensitive keys below the screen, which, alongside the display’s different aspect ratio, makes it narrower than the Sensation XL (though not by much).
The HTC Sensation XL has a 4.7-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a 1.5 GHz processor, 768 MB of RAM, 16 GB of non-expandable built-in storage space, an 8 MP autofocus rear camera with dual-LED flash and 720p HD video recording, a secondary 1.3 MP front-facing camera, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA, 5.76 Mbps HSUPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 1,600 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Sensation XE now available at Three UK, free from £30 per month
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus now available at Vodafone UK, Verizon’s version rumored to launch on December 11
- UK: Samsung Galaxy S II now available at Virgin Mobile, free from £40.85 per month
- HTC Sensation now available at T-Mobile UK, free with £40 per month contract
- HTC Desire S now available at Vodafone UK, free on contracts starting at £30 per month