When Verizon officially announced the Motorola Droid RAZR last month, it promised that the superphone would be in stores by November 10, but didn’t give a specific release date. Since then, we’ve heard a rumor that the device would start selling on November 10, but nothing official.
Well, it doesn’t get much more official than a TV ad posted on Verizon’s YouTube channel. In the ad, the date is clearly laid out: November 11. Yes, one day later than the original deadline, but Verizon hopes you won’t notice. Plus, apparently the launch will happen at 11:11 AM on 11/11. Nice, no?
Pre-ordered RAZRs will be shipped on November 10, so they will be in their owners’ hands on November 11. Another neat touch.
Here’s the full ad we were talking about:
So we’re just eight days away from one of Verizon’s biggest launches this year (and certainly Motorola’s biggest). Feeling excited yet?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Xoom 4G upgrade emails were sent by mistake
- Verizon to launch the Galaxy Nexus only at the end of the month?
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 will be in stores on April 27, pre-orders start shipping on April 25
- Motorola Xoom Can Now Be Ordered at Best Buy; Release Date is Feb 24
- T-Mobile the first to launch the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the US (on November 10)