After many rumors and leaks over the past few weeks, Motorola finally decided to officially announce the Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition tablets earlier today. Motorola’s new Android-powered tablets are set to go on sale in the UK and Ireland in mid-November – that bit of info was part of the announcement.
What wasn’t in there, however, was any hint about pricing for these devices. Worry not, though, for we now know what it will be, thanks to Recombu who got word directly from Moto.
So, the Xoom 2 will set you back £379.99, and the Media Edition will (obviously) be cheaper at £329.99. While this isn’t bargain basement pricing, it’s still a tad better than what Moto tried to do with the original Xoom. Hopefully the company has learned its lesson with regard to overpricing products which compete with Apple devices.
Once we find out an exact release date for these tablets, we’ll let you know. And then we’ll have all possible details about the new Motorola Xooms.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Xyboard 8.2 (Xoom 2 Media Edition) gets pictured with Verizon 4G LTE branding
- Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition launched in France
- New Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition Android tablets announced
- Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition coming to Verizon as the Droid Xyboard 10.1 and 8.2?
- 16 GB Motorola Xoom coming soon to Verizon, upgradeable to 4G LTE