Both run Android 3.2 Honeycomb, and share many of their features: 1.2GHz processor, Gorilla Glass display (10.1 inch on the Xoom 2, and 8.2 inch on the Xoom 2 Media Edition), 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, splash-guard coating, MotoCast app, 5MP rear camera, and 1.3MP front-facing camera.
The Motorola Xoom 2 measures 253.9 x 173.6 x 8.8 mm, weighs 599 grams, and is “business ready with enterprise-grade security and Active Sync for work email, contacts and calendar.”
The Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition measures 139 x 216 x 8.99 mm, weighs 386 grams, and features “adaptive virtual surround sound with multiple speakers and booming bass.”
Motorola Xoom 2:
Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition:
Both the Motorola Xoom 2 and Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition will be launched in the UK and Ireland via Carphone Warehouse in mid November (Wi-Fi versions only). Motorola didn’t say anything about the launch dates for other markets, and neither about the tablets’ official prices.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition launched in France
- Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition get priced in the UK
- Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition coming to Verizon as the Droid Xyboard 10.1 and 8.2?
- New Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition coming soon
- Motorola Droid Xyboard 8.2 (Xoom 2 Media Edition) gets pictured with Verizon 4G LTE branding