Nowdays it’s all about smartphones. It seems inevitable that smartphones will take over the world, and featurephones (also known as dumbphones) will be rendered obsolete in a few years.
Yet before that happens, there still are people who are very happy to use (just) a featurephone. People who value the simplicity of these devices, and who use their phones primarily for making calls and sending text messages. Those who still stick with the basics when it comes to communications.
For that particular crowd, T-Mobile has a brand new offering on sale starting today. The Alcatel Sparq is a cheap and decent prepaid phone, and it comes with a full physical side-sliding QWERTY keyboard too. The Sparq also has an FM radio, a music player, a microSD card slot, Bluetooth, and a VGA camera.
The Alcatel Sparq will set you back $79.99, and you can pair it with T-Mobile’s prepaid or Monthly4G options. If you’re interested in picking one up, head on over to the magenta carrier’s website.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- US Cellular launches the LG Attune, a rebranded Cosmos Touch
- Canada: LG Rumour Plus will be available today at Virgin Mobile
- Samsung Linx is a cheap QWERTY slider now available at Fido in Canada
- Alcatel OT-707 and OT-800 – cheap touchscreen and QWERTY phones
- US Cellular now offers LG Optimus U and LG Apex Android smartphones with prepaid plans