AT&T’s HTC Vivid and Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket now available. Plus new Windows Phones and BlackBerries
I don’t recall AT&T ever launching six new smartphones in a single day, but, well, here it is: today the second largest US mobile carrier has just done that, releasing the HTC Vivid, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Samsung Focus S, Samsung Focus Flash, and two BlackBerries.
Sure enough, we already knew that these new devices would be out today, but it’s good to see they’ve arrived on time.
The HTC Vivid and Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket are AT&T’s first LTE smartphones and, thus, the only ones that can provide true 4G data transfer speeds (at least in the markets where AT&T’s LTE network is turned on – where not, users can still rely on HSPA+).
Both the Vivid and the Skyrocket run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and offer high-end features (including dual-core processors). The Vivid costs $99 on contract and can be bought on Amazon in either black or white. Interestingly, the Skyrocket can be bought for just $149 on contract if you get it online (Amazon) – otherwise, its normal, previously-announced price is $249 on contract.
The Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash are AT&T’s first Windows Phone Mango handsets. The Focus S can be bought on Amazon for $150 with a two-year contract ($200 in-store). The Focus Flash is way cheaper (a penny on Amazon, $50 in-store).
As for AT&T’s new BlackBerry handsets, these are the Bold 9900 and Torch 9860, both coming with BlackBerry OS 7.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T announces BlackBerry Bold 9900, Torch 9860 and Curve 9360 pricing, availability
- Amazon starts AT&T winter sale, many free or very cheap smartphones on offer until February 14
- LG Nitro HD, white Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket launched by AT&T
- White Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket coming soon to AT&T?
- AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Focus S, and Focus Flash now cheaper at Amazon and LogicBuy