T-Mobile announced its Huawei-made Springboard 7-inch Android-powered tablet last month without saying anything about pricing or the release date. Recently we thought we nailed the latter when T-Mobile itself showed November 9 as the launch date for the Springboard on one of its websites. However, it looks like the magenta carrier hit a small delay.
According to DroidDog, TMo has officially announced that the Springboard will be available on November 16 (so exactly one week later than first expected) for the pretty low price of $179.99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate and 20 monthly payments of $10). Sure, if you add all of that up, it isn’t such a great price anymore, but this still isn’t an expensive tablet.
So if you think a 10-inch screen is too big to be usable and would like to purchase a decently-specced cheap Android-powered tablet, the T-Mobile Springboard may be for you. And you’ll be able to get your hands on one in just eight days.
The Springboard comes with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 16 GB of built-in storage, a 5 MP rear camera and a 1.3 MP front-facing camera, and HSPA+ support. It will run Android 3.2 Honeycomb.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Press images leaked of 7-inch T-Mobile Huawei “Springboard” tablet
- T-Mobile’s Springboard will be available on November 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on November 2
- Huawei’s MediaPad available at AT&T today
- T-Mobile adds Huawei Springboard with Google and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to tablet lineup
- Canada: Wind Mobile launches the affordable, Android-powered Alcatel One Touch 908s