What can we say to owners of Sprint’s Samsung Epic 4G other than it’s been a long and bumpy ride, but hey, at least it’s over now? We’re referring to the saga of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the aforementioned device. But first let’s not forget that this isn’t the first time the Epic 4G has had update issues. In fact, its update to Android 2.2 Froyo was delayed, and finally was anything but timely.
So here we go again. But there’s some good (if very late) news. Sprint has officially announced that Gingerbread is on its way to an Epic 4G near you. The rollout has started today. The update comes over-the-air, and as such your phone should notify you when it becomes available. The rollout may be staggered, so it may take a few days for the update to reach your particular device.
Aside from the platform upgrade to Gingerbread, this update also brings HTML support for Exchange ActiveSync email, Bluetooth headset sound improvements, and the date now being visible on the lockscreen.
After the update is performed, your Epic 4G should run software version EI22.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Replenish Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out
- Verizon LG Revolution Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out too
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro software update now rolling out
- Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept Android 2.2 Froyo update starts rolling out today