We’ve known that Rogers was getting ready to launch a new Samsung Galaxy S with a full physical QWERTY keyboard since September. The carrier will call it the Samsung Galaxy S Glide. At one point, we even got word that it would be out at the beginning of this month. That didn’t happen, yet once again we’re hearing that it will be in stores soon, possibly even next week.
Furthermore, the full pricing details for the Galaxy S Glide have been leaked. If you’re interested, read on. If you have nothing against signing a new three-year contract, the Glide will cost you $149.99. A two-year contract requires a $449.99 upfront payment, and the phone is $474.99 with a one-year commitment. You’ll also be able to buy it without signing a contract, in which case you’ll have to shell out $549.99.
The Samsung Galaxy S Glide will have a 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen, a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, an 8 MP rear camera with 1080p HD video recording, a 1.3 MP front-facing camera, 8 GB of built-in storage expandable via microSD cards, 21 Mbps HSDPA, and that physical sliding keyboard. It will run Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
If this device really is headed for a Rogers store near you pretty soon, then expect more leaks to follow shortly. Perhaps we may even see an official announcement in the next few days.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rogers to launch the QWERTY-packing Samsung Galaxy S Glide soon
- Samsung Galaxy S Glide launched by Rogers
- Verizon Samsung Stratosphere with 4G LTE and QWERTY keyboard now available for $149.99
- Samsung Galaxy S Glide, Motorola RAZR to arrive at Rogers Canada this week
- Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II now available at Verizon, sliding QWERTY keyboard in tow