Today’s the big day when the Motorola Droid RAZR went on sale, as we told you earlier. Now this is a high-end superphone indeed, and a very thin one at that, but Verizon chose to price it rather bullishly at $299.99. If you think that’s a bit much for a handset, considering that you still need to sign a new two-year contract with the carrier, then we have some good news – but only if you act fast.
Apparently Amazon thought that Verizon and Motorola’s playful release timing for the Droid RAZR (11/11/11 at 11:11 am) was cute, and the well known retailer decided to play too. So it’s offering you a brand new RAZR for just $111.11 – today only. That’s right, this means you can save $188.88 and get one of the highest-specced smartphones ever on day one.
Yes, you’ll still need to sign a two-year contract. And this offer is only valid for new customers. But still, this is one of the best deals we’ve seen in a while. Who said anything about an early adopter tax?
If you’re already a Verizon customer and would like to get the Droid RAZR as an upgrade, you’ll unfortunately have to shell out $249.99 for that privilege. That’s nowhere near as good a deal as if you’re a new customer, yet it’s still $50 less than what Verizon would charge you for the same thing. Food for thought there.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR HD now starts at $0.01
- Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR now just $169.99 at Amazon
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Note II can now be bought for just $199.99, Motorola Droid RAZR HD for $49.99
- Verizon Motorola Droid 3 now just $69.99 with new contract
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD can now be yours for $79.99