In case you had any doubts that Sony Ericsson would update its latest Xperia handsets to the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, today the company has made things clear: it has officially confirmed that its “entire 2011 Xperia portfolio” is going to get ICS.
Unfortunately, SE didn’t provide a timeframe for the updates. However, they’ll most probably be pushed to handsets starting next year.
In case you want to know exactly what Xperia models will be blessed with Android 4.0, here they are: Xperia Arc, Xperia Arc S, Xperia Play, Xperia Neo, Xperia Neo V, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Pro, Xperia Active, and Xperia Ray.
Even though the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman is not Xperia-branded, this will get Android ICS, too. Good job, SE. Good job.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- No Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia Arc S, Ray, Neo V and the other 2011 Xperias
- Sony Ericsson’s 2011 Xperia line will get Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.0 ICS updates for Sony Xperia Arc and Neo rolling-out now
- Sony announces new Android 4.0 ICS updates for 2011 Xperias
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play won’t be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich after all