Owners of Toshiba’s first Thrive Android tablet should be happy to find out that an official update to Android 3.2 Honeycomb is now available. Of course, we’re talking about the 10.1 inch Thrive here, not the newer and thinner 7 inch version, which was announced with Android 3.2 from day one.
The 3.2 update (software version 220.127.116.11.5.0002 to be more exact) brings a handful of novelties, including enhanced screen rotation acceleration, improved app compatibility (“applications originally designed for smaller screen devices appear and function better on the larger tablet display”), and “extended screen support API”.
For full details on the Android 3.2 update for the Thrive, head on over to Toshiba’s support forum here. Just remember that you won’t be able to go back to 3.1 after the update to 3.2 is installed (in case, for some reason, you’d want to do that).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in Canada for $369.99
- New 7-inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb tablet announced
- 7-inch Toshiba Thrive tablet now available in the US, priced from $379.99
- Toshiba Thrive now official
- Toshiba’s 7-inch Thrive tablet will be available in Australia by the end of October for $450