The word on the street is that AT&T is talking to Nokia about offering their Windows Phones, specifically a high-end WP device. A possible device could be the Nokia Ace, which spots a 1.4 GHz processor and a 4.3-inch ClearBlack Super AMOLED display.
According to Glenn Lurie, the head of AT&T’s Tablet division, AT&T is currently working to offer at least one Windows Phone next year. This means that the phone will likely run on Apollo(Microsofts successor to Mango). The Apollo update would bring support for dual-core processors, HD displays, and 4G LTE radios.
We don’t know exactly how far into the discussion AT&T and Nokia are, but hopefully they will get an agreement signed before 2012 and get a new Windows Phone out later in 2012. We will keep you updated on the status of AT&T Nokia Windows Phones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update coming in H2 2011 with HTML5 support?
- Samsung confirms it’ll have Windows Phone 8 Apollo handsets in the second half of 2012
- Windows Phone 8 Apollo will be previewed by Microsoft on June 20
- Verizon rolling out Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update for HTC Trophy today
- Nokia Champagne running on Windows Tango spotted