Last month AT&T introduced five new Android smartphones, one of which was the Pantech Pocket. This is a square smartphone that comes with a rather unusual 4:3 aspect ratio and Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
A few days ago, the carrier let us know that the Pantech Pocket would finally be available on November 20, although at what price remained a mystery.
Not anymore, since AT&T has just put out a press release that contains that important information. The Pantech Pocket will be yours if you agree to part with $49.99 come November 20. You’ll need to sign a new two-year contract to get it at that price, of course.
The Pantech Pocket has a 4-inch SVGA touchscreen, a 5 MP camera, scratch-resistant casing, and an extra-large battery. It will be an interesting niche device in a world filled with near-identical offerings, and since it’s aimed at those getting their first smartphone, might even sell well. We’ll see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile Motorola Defy will be available on November 3 for $99.99
- Pantech Breeze III flip featurephone now available at AT&T for $49.99
- New quad-core Pantech Vega R3 with Android ICS comes to take on Samsung Galaxy Note II
- BREW-based Pantech Pursuit II will be available at AT&T on July 17 for $49.99
- AT&T intros the Pantech Crossover P8000 with Android 2.2