After a few weeks of speculation, Orange UK decided to finally confirm that a sequel to the San Francisco does in fact exist and it’s coming soon. The San Francisco II is a handset we first heard about last month, and over the past few days we’ve seen it in official shots, and a rumor even gave us the pricing and release date.
Orange has posted a video to its YouTube channel. In the video (which you can see below), the San Francisco II is quickly presented. Unfortunately no exact release date is given, so we still don’t know if the rumored November 21 launch will pan out or not. However, we do now know the official price.
The San Francisco II will be sold for £99.99 with an obligatory £10 initial top-up. That’s exactly the price of its predecessor, and it certainly makes sense considering that the new phone is only slightly upgraded. You’ll also be able to get the San Francisco II with a contract, for free on plans that cost £10.50 per month or more.
The new San Francisco is slimmer and lighter than its predecessor, and it packs 200 MHz more processing power and a higher-MP camera. The phone isn’t up on Orange’s shop yet, but it will be soon. So if you’re after a decent Android smartphone that’s dirt cheap (especially considering its specs), then you should now look forward to “late November”.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: Orange San Francisco II now available for £99.99 on PAYG, free on £10.50 per month contracts
- Orange Barcelona will cost £119.99 on PAYG, free with £15 per month contracts
- Orange UK leaks its upcoming San Francisco II, Android 2.3 Gingerbread in tow
- UK: Orange Barcelona now available for £99 on PAYG, Orange Stockholm gets priced too
- Orange San Francisco II to be also sold as ZTE Blade S