If for some reason you think that the IP67-certified Motorola Defy+ simply isn’t rugged enough for your taste, you’ll be happy to know that your prayers have been answered. Or they will be pretty soon.
A new JCB Edition Motorola Defy+ is set to go on sale in the UK via well known retailer Clove. This version will become available on December 6 for £262.80, VAT included. For that price, you obviously get a SIM-free and unlocked smartphone.
So what’s new in the JCB Edition Defy+? Well, an extended 24-month warranty for starters. You also get an exclusive JCB branded skin with shock absorption, specifically designed for the Defy+. Your new smartphone will arrive in exclusive JCB packaging, and a JCB app will come preinstalled. That app includes six tools (Therodolite, Spirit Level, Torch and Decibel Reader) and a B&Q store locator.
That, by the way, also makes the intended target market for this device pretty clear – those of you in the construction business, and anyone who needs a really rugged phone. For those purposes, the Defy+ would have been a good fit, but with its even-more-ruggedized case, the Defy+ JCB Edition will be a great fit.
So there you have it. Just over a couple of weeks of waiting still left to do if you want a JCB-enhanced Defy+. But you can order one right away at Clove if you want to be sure you’ll be among the first to test its ruggedness.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Active and Motorola Defy+ JCB Edition now available in the UK (SIM-free)
- Motorola Defy Mini pre-orders start in the UK for £174.99, shipping in late February or early March
- Motorola Defy Mini now available in the UK for £162
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, Motorola Defy+ and LG Optimus Spirit announced by Telstra in Australia
- UK: Motorola Defy+ now just £159 for a limited time