The Wildfire S is the first HTC smartphone to arrive at MetroPCS. It will come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Sense UI (version 3.0 apparently), a 3.2 inch HVGA display, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP rear camera, 512MB of RAM, and a 600MHz processor.
MetroPCS will have the HTC Wildfire S in stores and online “this week.” The carrier will ask $179 plus tax for the smartphone (no contract required). For the moment, the Wildfire S isn’t properly featured on MetroPCS’ website, but this support page suggests the handset will come in white (thus it’s probably going to look a tad different than the silver version pictured above).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LTE Samsung phone announced by MetroPCS for 2010
- MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S III launching this week-end
- HTC Wildfire S with Android Gingerbread officially announced by T-Mobile USA
- Samsung Admire with Android Gingerbread launched by MetroPCS
- MetroPCS intros new Huawei Premia 4G (M931) affordable Android smartphone
« Verizon Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, AT&T Atrix 2 4G, Sprint EVO 3D and more – now $0.01 on AmazonCanada: Samsung Galaxy Nexus officially arriving on December 8 (at Bell and Virgin Mobile) »