The Asus Eee Pad Transformer is one of the highest regarded Android-powered tablets at the moment. That’s thanks to it launching pretty soon after Honeycomb was released. It’s also because of the Transformer getting very timely updates – in fact Asus has already confirmed that the Transformer will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Add to this list the fact that it’s always been priced slightly below the competition, even from day one, and you know what makes Asus’ first Android tablet special.
Now speaking of pricing, if you’re in the UK and wanted to purchase a Transformer but held off waiting for it to get even cheaper, listen up. A few retailers are dropping the price of the tablet all the way down to £299 for the 16 GB version (that’s £80 less than the launch price). You need to act pretty fast though, since the offer is only valid until December 4.
Of the retailers you can see in the above image, as of now only Best Buy and HMV have switched to the lower price, and you can go to either one to order an Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet for yourself. The other Asus partners in the UK will hopefully also cut the price in the coming days.
Undoubtedly, this has something to do both with the coming holidays, but also with the impending launch of the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, the successor of sorts to the original Transformer tablet. However, don’t think that the original device is outdated or anything like that – it’s certainly a great performer even today.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer 2 will cost $499
- Original Asus Eee Pad Transformer will get its Android 4.0 update by early February
- Asus Transformer Prime may be delayed until December, could launch with Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Asus Transformer Prime caught on video running Android 4.0 ICS, pre-orders and official page go live
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer gets a software update, sadly not ICS