Everyone remembers when the HP Touchpad went on sale for $99 and was sold out extremely quickly. Well, we’ve been hearing a lot about the Playbook going on sale for $199.99 at a few retail stores the past few days, but it was mostly rumors and tips. Today, the sale has been confirmed by Blackberry’s twitter account and website. The Playbook will be available for $199.99 in the US and Canada at Bestbuy, Staples, Radioshack, Office Depot, Walmart and Future Shop.
Specs wise, the Playbook features a 7-inch screen with 1024 x 600 resolution, a 5 megapixel camera in the rear with 1080p HD recording, a 3 megapixel camera in the front, 1 GB of RAM, a 1 GHz dual-core processor, and runs on Blackberry QNX.
Most of the sites have already updated their listings to the sale price, so if you are interested in the Playbook you can go ahead and grab one since they will probably sell out quickly. It will be interesting to see how this sale compares to the fire sale of the TouchPad. Let us know if you are going to snatch a Playbook due to the sale tag.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 4G BlackBerry PlayBook officially announced, hits the streets on August 9 in Canada
- HP TouchPad passes FCC, will launch soon
- Meizu MX unveiled with dual-core and HSPA+, will launch January 1st
- RIM PlayBook with 4G (WiMax) announced for Sprint
- Samsung Galaxy S II LTE now available on NTT DoCoMO in Japan