Verizon has finally announced the Samsung Illusion (model number SCH-i110) – that new mid-end smartphone that we’ve been seeing quite a lot lately in leaked photos.
As hinted yesterday, the Illusion will be available for purchase online starting tomorrow (November 23). The handset’s official price is $79.99 on contract, however, between November 24 and November 28, Verizon will offer it for free (new 2-yr agreement required).
Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the Samsung Illusion features a 3.5 inch HVGA touchscreen display, GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Mobile Hotspot capability, Bluetooth 3.0, 3MP camera, 1GHz single-core processor, and a 2GB MicroSD card pre-installed.
The Illusion is “designed with the environment in mind”, parts of its case and packaging being made out of recycled materials. You can buy the handset here at Verizon (update: it’s now free on contract).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung leaks a picture of the Illusion for Verizon
- Verizon Samsung Illusion to finally be available on November 23
- Verizon’s Samsung Illusion and Pantech Breakout Android phones leaked
- Verizon’s Samsung Illusion gets its specs leaked, may launch this month
- Samsung Droid Charge launch date and price announced by Verizon